Canadian Philosophical Association
CALL FOR PAPERS, SYMPOSIA, ROUND TABLES AND WORKSHOPS
2015 Annual Congress
University of Ottawa
Ottawa, Ontario, May 31 to June 3, 2015
1) Everyone submitting an individual paper or a proposal for a symposium, round table or workshop must be
a current CPA member. On-line payment is available through the CPA website. Also, all congress
participants must pay congress registration fees to the CFHSS and to the CPA.
2) Partial reimbursement of travel costs is only available to students, part-time faculty and unemployed members.
1) All texts must be submitted in English or in French through the EasyChair Conference System. Authors must
be registered with EasyChair; registration is free. Click here for the paper submission portal. The deadline for
submitting is midnight Sunday January 11, 2015. Please state clearly the discipline (listed below) of the paper.
2) Submissions must be prepared for anonymous refereeing: all identifying information must be removed.
3) Limit of two submissions per author; only one paper will be presented.
4) Limit of one submission in any one discipline.
There are two formats for individual paper submissions.
a) Submit a completed paper of no more than 4000 words. Papers exceeding this word count will not be
considered. Word count does not include the bibliography, notes or abstract. Submitted papers must include
an abstract of no more than 100 words. Accepted papers will be scheduled for hour-long sessions with
b) NEW FORMAT: Submit an abstract of no more than 500 words (excluding bibliography). Accepted
abstracts will be scheduled for half-hour sessions but will not be assigned commentators. Abstracts are not
eligible for essay prizes.
Individuals interested in commenting on papers should contact the Executive Director by March 15, 2015.
Please indicate if you are willing to comment in English on papers delivered in French.
Submitters are invited to identify themselves as students or faculty in order to be eligible for the Student Essay
Prizes or for the Faculty Essay Prizes. Only full or long papers are eligible for the prizes.
It is a CPA tradition that presenters are asked to chair sessions, usually adjacent to their own. Please read the
programme carefully in order to find these assignations.
SYMPOSIA, ROUND TABLES AND WORKSHOPS:
1) Proposals for symposia, round tables and workshops must be submitted by November 15, 2014. Please include
a list of tentative participants. All participating Canadian philosophers must be current CPA members.
2) The length of the session is limited to a half-day.
3) Limit of one symposium proposal per organizer.
4) All proposals for symposia, round tables and workshops must be submitted through the CPA submission
5) Please state clearly the discipline (listed below) of the symposium. If it belongs to more than one, please
indicate them in descending order of importance. In case of doubt, please contact the Programme Chair.
6) PLEASE NOTE THAT STRONG PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO SUBMISSIONS THAT INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE
PRESENTATION IN FRENCH.
1. History of philosophy
2. Contemporary European
3. Social & political
4. Philosophy of law
5. Decision theory
6. Philosophy of mathematics
8. Philosophy of language
9. Philosophy of mind
10. Ancient & medieval
11. Philosophy of arts &
13. Philosophy of religion
14. Philosophy of science
15. Feminist philosophy
16. Normative & applied ethics
17. Metaethics & moral
19. Non-Western philosophy
20. Philosophy of cognitive
Sam Cowling; Email: email@example.com
CPA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Louise Morel; Tel.: (613) 236-1393, ext. 2454; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org